CCAD provides an academically rigorous curriculum:
- Reading Street in grades K-6
- Collections and novel studies in grades 7-8
- Teachers use a combination of Reading Street, DLI, Step Up to Writing and teacher selected supplemental writing programs to meet the needs of our student
- Terk Investigations in grades K-5
- Engage New York in grades 6-8
- Core Knowledge in grades K-5
- Thematic Units in grades 6-8
These curricula are aligned to the Common Core State Standards, and provide instruction, practice, and skills development to students designed to help them develop a foundation that will provide college readiness skills.
Grades K-5 are equipped with a highly trained paraprofessional/classroom interventionists to ensure that the needs of struggling and/or advanced students are being met. Classrooms are filled with opportunities for students to be actively engaged in learning through partner talk, group work, projects, technology use, and other activities. This high level of interaction ensures that all students have multiple opportunities and experiences to learn, share, grow and develop.